Flooding and council services update from WODC
In most parts of West Oxfordshire flood clear up operations are now underway. West Oxfordshire District Council is concentrating its council service operations on supporting those in the District most affected by the recent floods.
Council crews are operating a special flood-damaged bulky waste collection service and are assisting with the clear-up in towns and villages. The flood-damaged collection service will continue up until Friday 3rd August and can be booked on 01993 861000.
Because of the flood there have been temporary changes to some council services as follows:
* There will be a double refuse and recycling collection on Monday 30th July for all householders whose waste the Council was unable to collect on Monday 23rd July. Excess waste will be picked up.
* This week collections will be as normal for all householders who have a Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday collection.
* Because of the special flood-damaged bulky waste service, the normal bulky waste collection service has been suspended until Monday 6th August. However, bookings for this can be made at any time.
* The Green Waste collection for Monday had to be cancelled and this has been re-scheduled for Saturday 28th July
* Road sweeping is being carried out as normal. The District Council is liaising with Oxfordshire County Council about gully emptying to ensure that this work is completed as soon as possible.
* Customers are advised that Monday’s clinical waste collection will be made on Friday.
For any areas in the District that remain inaccessible to council services, such as refuse and recycling collections, the Council will contact those communities as soon as possible. Information will be posted on the council website: www.westoxon.gov.uk.
All other council services will operate as normal. The Council has replenished its sand supply and so sandbags can be filled should there be more flooding.
Information for both residents and businesses about what to do after flooding is available on the council website: www.westoxon.gov.uk. This is also available from our Town Centres Shops in Witney and Chipping Norton. Alternatively call 01993 861000 for a copy of the Flooding clean up leaflet.
Other recent Witney news items posted on the Witney website
More than 10,000 rural homes and businesses in West Oxfordshire now have access to ultrafast full-fibre internet, providing them with some of the fastest broadband speeds in the world. This milesto...
An NHS Covid-19 testing centre is to be built in Witney to improve support for residents. The building will be situated in the Woodford Way car park and is expected to remain for at least three mon...
Residents are being advised to be extra vigilant, particularly over half-term, as cases of coronavirus continue to spread across the county. Evidence shows that, in the past two weeks, the virus ha...
Better, the largest operator of municipal leisure facilities in the UK releases gym usage data since reopening: West Oxfordshire has seen a total of 20537 visits to their local gyms 26-34-year old...