Vandalism causes disruption to recycling
Over the weekend vandals broke into our waste contractors' depot at Radley and damaged half of our recycling fleet rendering them in-operable at this time.
The message to West Oxfordshire residents who have Monday collections is as follows:
· Refuse (wheelie bin), bulky waste and commercial waste collections are all unaffected.
· We will endeavour to collect all the recycling boxes today, but collections will be later than normal.
· Our contractor has sourced spare trucks for today's recycling collections and some will look different to our normal vehicles.
· All black box collection materials will be recycled and will not go to landfill, although some collections will not be pre-sorted at the kerbside. They will instead be sorted at the recycling depot in Enstone.
· In some areas glass will be collected separately and this will be done by a separate vehicle following on behind the recycling truck.
The vehicles were vandalised on Saturday night at the Radley depot causing thousands of pounds of damage. If anyone saw anything suspicious in and around the Radley depot that evening or has any information please contact the Police on 0845 8505 505 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Other recent Witney news items
With local elections taking place in just a few weeks, voters in Oxfordshire are being urged to make sure they are registered to vote and are able to take part on polling day, Thursday 4 May. The c...[more]
Letters are being sent to householders in West Oxfordshire encouraging them to sign up for a new opt-in garden waste collection service. The new subscription-only service starts from the beginning...[more]
West Oxfordshire residents are being warned to guard against bogus callers telling them their council tax bands maybe too high. Several residents have been in touch with the District Council sayin...[more]