Vandalism causes disruption to recycling
Over the weekend vandals broke into our waste contractors' depot at Radley and damaged half of our recycling fleet rendering them in-operable at this time.
The message to West Oxfordshire residents who have Monday collections is as follows:
· Refuse (wheelie bin), bulky waste and commercial waste collections are all unaffected.
· We will endeavour to collect all the recycling boxes today, but collections will be later than normal.
· Our contractor has sourced spare trucks for today's recycling collections and some will look different to our normal vehicles.
· All black box collection materials will be recycled and will not go to landfill, although some collections will not be pre-sorted at the kerbside. They will instead be sorted at the recycling depot in Enstone.
· In some areas glass will be collected separately and this will be done by a separate vehicle following on behind the recycling truck.
The vehicles were vandalised on Saturday night at the Radley depot causing thousands of pounds of damage. If anyone saw anything suspicious in and around the Radley depot that evening or has any information please contact the Police on 0845 8505 505 or Crimestoppers on 0800 555 111.
Other recent Witney news items posted on the Witney website
More than 10,000 rural homes and businesses in West Oxfordshire now have access to ultrafast full-fibre internet, providing them with some of the fastest broadband speeds in the world. This milesto...
An NHS Covid-19 testing centre is to be built in Witney to improve support for residents. The building will be situated in the Woodford Way car park and is expected to remain for at least three mon...
Residents are being advised to be extra vigilant, particularly over half-term, as cases of coronavirus continue to spread across the county. Evidence shows that, in the past two weeks, the virus ha...
Better, the largest operator of municipal leisure facilities in the UK releases gym usage data since reopening: West Oxfordshire has seen a total of 20537 visits to their local gyms 26-34-year old...