Flooding and council services update from WODC
In most parts of West Oxfordshire flood clear up operations are now underway. West Oxfordshire District Council is concentrating its council service operations on supporting those in the District most affected by the recent floods.
Council crews are operating a special flood-damaged bulky waste collection service and are assisting with the clear-up in towns and villages. The flood-damaged collection service will continue up until Friday 3rd August and can be booked on 01993 861000.
Because of the flood there have been temporary changes to some council services as follows:
* There will be a double refuse and recycling collection on Monday 30th July for all householders whose waste the Council was unable to collect on Monday 23rd July. Excess waste will be picked up.
* This week collections will be as normal for all householders who have a Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday collection.
* Because of the special flood-damaged bulky waste service, the normal bulky waste collection service has been suspended until Monday 6th August. However, bookings for this can be made at any time.
* The Green Waste collection for Monday had to be cancelled and this has been re-scheduled for Saturday 28th July
* Road sweeping is being carried out as normal. The District Council is liaising with Oxfordshire County Council about gully emptying to ensure that this work is completed as soon as possible.
* Customers are advised that Monday’s clinical waste collection will be made on Friday.
For any areas in the District that remain inaccessible to council services, such as refuse and recycling collections, the Council will contact those communities as soon as possible. Information will be posted on the council website: www.westoxon.gov.uk.
All other council services will operate as normal. The Council has replenished its sand supply and so sandbags can be filled should there be more flooding.
Information for both residents and businesses about what to do after flooding is available on the council website: www.westoxon.gov.uk. This is also available from our Town Centres Shops in Witney and Chipping Norton. Alternatively call 01993 861000 for a copy of the Flooding clean up leaflet.
Other recent Witney news items
With local elections taking place in just a few weeks, voters in Oxfordshire are being urged to make sure they are registered to vote and are able to take part on polling day, Thursday 4 May. The c...[more]
Letters are being sent to householders in West Oxfordshire encouraging them to sign up for a new opt-in garden waste collection service. The new subscription-only service starts from the beginning...[more]
West Oxfordshire residents are being warned to guard against bogus callers telling them their council tax bands maybe too high. Several residents have been in touch with the District Council sayin...[more]