Pumpkins, spooky stories and other fun activities
Cogges Manor Farm gardener Chris Munday has been working hard to produce a fine crop of pumpkins and squash in time for a week of Halloween and other holiday fun for all the family.
Some of the pumpkins will be on sale later during the week of activities, which run from Tuesday 24 October to Sunday 29 October.
Apple-bobbing, Jack-o-lanterns and live bats are just a few of the activities on offer and gruesome grub will be on sale in the haunted tea-room of Oxfordshire County Council museum near Witney.
More details of activities at Cogges Manor Farm Museum
* Tuesday 24 October Autumn leaf print-making activities, 24pm
* Wednesday 25 October - make a witch or wizard peg dolly and hear spooky stories
* Thursday 26 October - farm fun for younger visitors - farm activity, stories and simple crafts and learn how corn dollies are made 2 3.20pm
* Friday 27 October - dropin family craft making decorative pegs to hold your Wellingtons, slippers or trainers together 2 4pm
* Sunday 29 October celebrate Halloween with jack-o-lanterns, apple-bobbing, making a witch or wizard peg dolly and bats courtesy of the Oxford Bat Association 124pm
For full details of events at Cogges during half term call 01993 772602.
Other recent Witney news items
With local elections taking place in just a few weeks, voters in Oxfordshire are being urged to make sure they are registered to vote and are able to take part on polling day, Thursday 4 May. The c...[more]
Letters are being sent to householders in West Oxfordshire encouraging them to sign up for a new opt-in garden waste collection service. The new subscription-only service starts from the beginning...[more]
West Oxfordshire residents are being warned to guard against bogus callers telling them their council tax bands maybe too high. Several residents have been in touch with the District Council sayin...[more]