Keeping children active this half term
Young people in West Oxfordshire will have the chance to swim for just £1 as part of a line-up of half-term activities at local leisure centres.
The District Council’s leisure centres are running a range of activities during the holiday, starting from Monday 11 February, to help get kids active.
Under-16s can swim for just £1 during selected sessions at Carterton, Chipping Norton and Witney’s Windrush Leisure Centres.
In addition to the discounted swimming, various other sessions are available, including:
* ‘Active Zone’, a holiday playscheme for 5-11 year olds at The Windrush, offering activities such as roller-skating, games, bouncy castle and face-painting
* Crash courses in football and dance at Bartholomew Sports Centre, Eynsham
* Racquet sports for just £1 for any age, Monday-Friday, at Chipping Norton Leisure Centre
The activities have been organised by the Council’s leisure contractor, GLL, which manages leisure facilities in West Oxfordshire.
For more information about the half-term activities, contact the leisure centres on:
* Bartholomew, Eynsham: 01993 861830
* Carterton: 01993 861981
* Chipping Norton: 01993 861951
* The Windrush: 01993 20 20 20
Alternatively, visit GLL’s website: www.better.org.uk
Other recent Witney news items
With local elections taking place in just a few weeks, voters in Oxfordshire are being urged to make sure they are registered to vote and are able to take part on polling day, Thursday 4 May. The c...[more]
Letters are being sent to householders in West Oxfordshire encouraging them to sign up for a new opt-in garden waste collection service. The new subscription-only service starts from the beginning...[more]
West Oxfordshire residents are being warned to guard against bogus callers telling them their council tax bands maybe too high. Several residents have been in touch with the District Council sayin...[more]