Keeping children active this half term
Young people in West Oxfordshire will have the chance to swim for just £1 as part of a line-up of half-term activities at local leisure centres.
The District Council’s leisure centres are running a range of activities during the holiday, starting from Monday 11 February, to help get kids active.
Under-16s can swim for just £1 during selected sessions at Carterton, Chipping Norton and Witney’s Windrush Leisure Centres.
In addition to the discounted swimming, various other sessions are available, including:
* ‘Active Zone’, a holiday playscheme for 5-11 year olds at The Windrush, offering activities such as roller-skating, games, bouncy castle and face-painting
* Crash courses in football and dance at Bartholomew Sports Centre, Eynsham
* Racquet sports for just £1 for any age, Monday-Friday, at Chipping Norton Leisure Centre
The activities have been organised by the Council’s leisure contractor, GLL, which manages leisure facilities in West Oxfordshire.
For more information about the half-term activities, contact the leisure centres on:
* Bartholomew, Eynsham: 01993 861830
* Carterton: 01993 861981
* Chipping Norton: 01993 861951
* The Windrush: 01993 20 20 20
Alternatively, visit GLL’s website: www.better.org.uk
Other recent Witney news items
A children's charity has been given a boost of more than £3,000 thanks to a special fundraising event. Helen and Douglas House in Oxford, which offers respite and end of life care for children, yo...[more]
A photographic exhibition celebrating the mature dancer is to go on display in Witney. Joie de Vivre is a collection of images designed to showcase the beauty and vitality of older dancers with th...[more]
With local elections taking place in just a few weeks, voters in Oxfordshire are being urged to make sure they are registered to vote and are able to take part on polling day, Thursday 4 May. The c...[more]